What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Life in Manteca 41: Say it Aint So x two

Bad news: The Marketplace Theater has shut down.  No announcement that it is permanent, but it is beginning to look like it is.  Caleb heard a rumor they won't reopen.  This is the place Tony and I could catch a movie for $3 on Saturday.  Now we are going to have to be careful and time the matinee at the AMC.  I drove by last week, and the billboards were down, but the lights were still on.  Now I understand the lights are off as well.  I cannot find anything on the web about their closing, except one review from May 1.  I called there, and they gave movie times like nothing happened, but they are closed.

Bummer number two.  Caleb informed me the McMurtrey family are moving North.  Eric took a job at a hospital in Eureka.  I have featured them in a couple You Tube videos, Lane and Quinn; and it is Lane who longboards with Caleb.  Also my most viewed movie is a duet with Land and Caleb covering "Kids."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H58W808l68
http://www.youtube.com/user/billywardlefamily?feature=mhee

I have also written reviews of a couple of April's books which you can find  on this blog.

Enough for the bummer news.  The ****McDonalds on Union and Yowemite reopened after remodeling for a month.  Sheri and I took Tony the first day the reopened to check it out.  It is Tony's favorite place to eat.  They had a very interesting diner concept which lots of booth chairs, but also lots of stools and such to make it easily accessible.  Sheri scored it a success.  They changed the front slightly, which does make it more clear where to go; I got lost once not knowing where to go and several people were served before me.  I have decided one thing, After trying to find the perfect mushroom burger this last year, I have decided that often people make them just too big to eat, and they leave me too heavy.  I have decided that the mushroom burger wrap at McDonald's is the right size, the sauce comes through nicely, and I like the combination of meat and mushrooms.  A touchdown with me.

Caleb had a jazz concert this weekend.  It was their fund raiser.  As such, the performance went much longer than usual.  Also, the group Caleb is playing drums for performed.  They have been practicing in our garage.  Caleb also vocalized on one song.  When they upload, I will add links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AmWeFU5yZY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Vt0Bn-mAg

No comments:

Post a Comment