What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Life in Manteca and Cupertino 42




This has been another week of concerts, four in all, two in Manteca, and two in Cupertino.  This week has been the Cupertino High School Spring Concert under the direction of Mr. Arons.  This concert featured Capella performing "Lion King" (Nancy Orton did costumes.)  Adam Ure and Scott DChye were giraffes--very tall boys.  Alyssa Orton was a lion.  The men did Beach Boys, and the women's groups "Mary Poppins" and "Wicked."  Mary Poppins is an old favorite. One thing funny was they performed "Changed for Good" which was also presented in the Manteca High School Concert.

Sheri came to town for MD appointment and discovered "Starzz on Stage" was performing.  This is a younger version of the company all the kids danced and sang for.  It was at the Cupertino church, in the gym, so we saw many old friends.  We also saw many young people when the kids performed, who are not so young now.  They sang and danced to "Fun, Fun Fun" which the men of Cupertino High School performed a couple days before.  They ended with "God Bless the USA" which my kids use to also end with when they were in Starzz.

It was also the Sierra High School Spring concert.  Caleb again sung his solo "For the Longest Time."  There were a few new songs.  One was a women's song.  Caleb received a couple awards.  One for being section leader, and the other for the best helper and attitude called the
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHaeRxe0s7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XDUsImLh_Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbp1aXKeCY


Finally, today, Caleb with "Hot Spud" performed a three song set for "Battle of the Bands" in Manteca.  Two songs I have previously shared, but I recorded the third which featured a solo vocal.  Caleb was on drum all three songs.

The Battle of the Bands was at the Senior Center, and I discovered some more murals.  For the most part the depict local farming scenes and history.  I apologize for the blurry nature of some, the lights were dim for the concert.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbp1aXKeCY





No comments:

Post a Comment