What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Life in Manteca: 37 A Week of Music; Relay for Life

This week has been one full of music.  Caleb is in two groups at school, and had four concerts this week.  He had choir feeder school concert on Monday.  This is to promote choir to the kids who are future students at the high school.  Then on Tuesday he had the same deal with jazz band.  Wednesday was a talent competition, and he and Lane McMurtry had put together a song, "Kids" by MGMT which they played as a guitar duet, with Caleb on vocals.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H58W808l68
Then Friday was the Relay for Life concert.  Caleb performed in both jazz band and choir.  He had a solo with the choir singing "For the Longest Time."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGtunIXxb0

The Relay for Life was very interesting,  The band conductor is Rick Hammerstrom from our ward.  His wife was diagnosed with cancer a year ago.  Relay for Life is a fund raising program for the fight against cancer.  Sister Hammerstrom spoke at the concert, about her history with cancer.  There were several survivors at the concert.  The highlight was a song Brother Hammerstrom performed in which he honored his wife and expressed his love, but also recounted the experience of his wife being diagnosed.  It was very moving, and he received a standing ovation. 

Conference weekend is always fun.  Sheri made her breakfast with cinnamon rolls between sessions today as we are headed to the Norman's my sister, tomorrow between sessions.  I love conference and it has been a good one.  Of course they all are.

Charity came today, Sunday.  We went over to Dianna's between sessions for lunch, and watchd some of conference with them, but had to leave early as Caleb and I had choir rehearsal.


No comments:

Post a Comment