What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Book of Mormon King Benjamin; my thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIfSq2f5VuI

There were a couple of things about King Benjamin's discourse that caught my attention today.  Particularly in Mosiah two:

36 And now, I say unto you, my brethren, that after ye have known and have been taught all these things, if ye should transgress and go acontrary to that which has been spoken, that ye do bwithdraw yourselves from the Spirit of the Lord, that it may have no place in you to guide you in wisdom’s paths that ye may be blessed, prospered, and preserved—

I thought it interesting how he says we remove ourselves from the Spirit, rather than the Spirit leaving us. 
And then from chapter three we read:

 19 For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the Holy fSpirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
This gives further insight, telling us we have to let go of our carnal nature, become submissive as a child, and yield to the enticings of the Spirit.  Oh that we can make the atone effective in our lives.  Please watch the movie through to the end, which is the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment