What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Movie Night: ***^The House of D

I was mildly surprised by this movie for the better.  I had heard some bad things about it, but wanted to watch it anyway for some time as this is the movie Zelda Williams is in (my son Mark's date to the senior prom) as well as Robin Williams.  So I wanted to check it out.  The movie came out in 2004.  I must admit there were some things to not like.  It is about a 13 year old young man, whose best friend is the developmentally challenged janitor (Robin Williams) at the school.  On the side the deliver meat together to make money to buy a green bike.  The 13 year old also befriends a woman in the women's detention facility.  He also has a crush on a girl (Zelda Williams) who lives with her mother in a hotel and also has a crush on him.  So with the lady's advice from the detention facility, he goes to the dance, and dances with her, and then leaves with her.  The janitor becomes upset, and steals the bike from the store front, and then also takes their savings, and throws it into the ocean to make a wish.

SO the janitor is about to lose his job.  Rather than let that happen, the 13 year old says he stole it for him.  The janitor keeps his job, but the kid is expelled.  This upsets his mother (Teea Leoni) so much she o.d.'s on pills.  As a result, he takes off, and is able to get to France, by helping himself to the money of one of their customers, who in her alzheimer's state, mistakes him for her son, an gives him the money.

So the movie is his coming to terms with his life, and his having let under unfavorable circumstances.

It was enjoyable, but the down draw was the movie's being fixated on the kid going to the restroom and shooting at his mom's cigarettes left in the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment