What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Life in Manteca 36: One Year and Counting

Can you belief it has been a year since we moved to Manteca.  It seems time goes by very quickly.  I am still commuting into San Jose every day for work.  However we really enjoy our weekends in Manteca.  This past week Sheri and I, with Tony (we had no sitter) went to Chili's to celebrate one year.  We have always like Chili's, in Cupertino as well as Manteca. 

This week was highlighted by a sake Fiesta Ole, which included delicious Mexican food, as well as entertainment from the Monte Vista Ward.  We had enchiladas.  For my part, I was assigned to bring salad, which I made quickly before going with carrots and cucumbers.  Sheri cut the lettuce smaller, and added tomatoes.  In addition to the enchiladas, there was rice, and runny refried beans to put on the rice.  Delicious.  We met a couple from the Chester Ward who sat beside us.  We compared notes with regards to kids, schools and being from different parts of Utah.  The entertainment started with much Mexican love song singing, which I didn't really care for, because I can't really catch the words.  However when the dancing starting the evening became more exciting and festive. 

We've had plenty of rain, so not much more happening the last couple of weeks.  We did have the Chandlers, neighbors, over for Family Home Evening with the missionaries.  Caleb is really into music lately, and has been practicing for a talent show at school, as well as playing drum with a new band.  Miranda is working steady now with babysitting-nanny.  Charity is also doing the same in Turlock.  However she is going to work at the pool in Cupertino this summer.  She has not gotten a job cutting hair, but cuts ours and that of friends as she has the opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment