What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Manteca Park: Palmer Memorial Park

Palmer Memorial Park is new to Manteca; and the walk way with exercise equipment is even newer.  There is a plaque honoring a veteran killed in action during the Vietnam War who was from Manteca, Joseph Anthony Lewis.  This park is south of Woodward between Union and Airport, closer to Union.  Just a few weeks ago, a walkway starting at Woodward and continuing a couple blocks south, connecting with the park was opened.  Tony did not give the park very high marks.  The playground is geared toward younger children.  There were no good climbing structures, other than the net.  What this park does have is three exercising apparatus.  They seem to be very effective.  I am sore today, the day after visiting.  I did notice was we were getting through that the suggested age is fourteen and older.  One of the apparatus is wheel chair accessible.  The park is still new, and lacks trees.  It does have a large grassy area, as well as a half court basketball area (no three-point line.)

1 comment:

  1. R.s. White My talks about this park all the time and she and her grandchildren love going there. My question is...how much does it cost to get a park like this,and where do the funds come from? The reason I ask is because I would like to see a park like this be built in my neighborhood, and any information would help. Thank you!

    Billy Wardle I think in the new neighborhoods the contractors agree to build the park, but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete