What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend: 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving


Temple trip




 We had the Spanish sisters over for dinner a week ago Saturday and had a good time.  Sheri made cinnamon rolls and breakfast. 
For Thanksgiving we were at the Normans this year.  There was a very small group.  Mark and Dianna, Heather Anna and Nicole.  Then we had Tony and that was us, eight in all.  Tony had a good time.  We played Skipbo.  I think that was sort of a silly game as you were watching most of the time unless you had a turn.  Tony played outside as we started to relax in Mark and Dianna’s room with a movie.  Tony I guess ran full on into the tether pole, and there was no one there to comfort him.  He had a pretty good cry before he got in the house.  He walked around to the front and rang the doorbell.  Sheri put ice on it; he had a good goose egg on his forehead.  After that Tony was ready to go home.  We didn’t get to play Rook as a result, but it was a good day all the same.
I made it to the temple Friday with the high priests. It was fun  I saw about ten people from the ward.
In family history work I found a couple new families over the weekend.  I was working on the Green line (my aunt’s husband) but have gone back to working on the Williams line (my great Uncle Leo’s wife.)  I was excited because I finally made the link to England for the Williams line.  I verified the same profession (blacksmith) and everything.  They settled in Chicago in the US.
Did home teaching and sang yesterday, which pretty much took the entire day.  Got the wood picked up outside which was a requirement for foster care review.
I have been checking the weather regularly.  Miranda is 10-20 degrees cooler than us, Caleb is 20 degrees cooler than Miranda and Matt is 20 degrees cooler than Caleb.  However, I have noticed you have had some pretty cool days, but relatively speaking this week is suppose to be nice. 
I miss my missionaries, especially when it comes to choir.  I am the only tenor in choir.  However, I persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment