What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Ace Rail 55: Ace Rail Motto: "The Customer Is the Enemy"

I have written before about how the attitude of the staff on the train changed when they changed the name from Altamont Commuter Express to Altamont Corridor Express.  The train is no longer customer friendly.  This past month has me wondering if it is worth taking the train to be treated so poorly.
The current issue is "No belongings on the seats or in the aisles with zero tolerance."  They announced this was the edict of the "manager" whoever that is.  Probably some President Snow (Hunger Games) want-to-be.
A poor co-rider had two bags, including a large suitcase which was in the aisle.  His other bag was under the seat.  After the staff went by, enforcing zero police, he had the suitcase on his lap.  Can you imagine what stupidity goes into zero tolerance.  I traded spots with him as I had more floor space for his bags, but it is puzzling.
Another passenger was harassed because he put some papers on the seat while he was working on a project.   "Zero tolerance" has got to go. 
The train is not always full.  In fact, certain legs of the trip there are plenty of seats; yet they make sure there are no bags on the seats.  I use my bag to provide extra support to my back, but this is not allowed.  It is a struggle to get comfortable, everyday.
I was at the point of wondering if I should drive more, and forget about the loyalty reward for purchasing a monthly pass every month.  I am getting close to calling the train ride quits.  When the Altamont Pass construction project is completed I will be in a better position to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment