What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Movie Night: ***^Diary of a Wimpy Kid; Dog Days, ***^ Moneyball

Tony and I saw the third installment of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  We have seen them all together.  This movie is called "Dog Days" and deals with summer vacation.  These movies all deal with relationships and growing in these relationships.  This movie deals with the main character and his father.  How it is possible to disappoint at times, but still be loved.  Roderick, the oldest brother provides the most comic relief.  He and his band and trying to impress girls.   When he and the girl he is trying to impress end up on the ground covered in chocolate, it is just funny, and even funnier when he has the presence of mind to ask for a date.

There is another part where Greg, the main character, loses his swimsuit and endh dive, as up in the pool naked.  His suit is stuck on the high dive, and then thrown outside the pool by a girl.  He is stuck in the pool all day naked, until he is able to get a small pink suit and make it to the restroom.  I had nightmares of ending in a similar situation as a child.  I would recommend this movie, however the lead actor has out grown the part.  He is suppose to be in seventh grade, but looks like a high schooler.

Moneyball, this movie I watched through Netflix DVD.  It is very fun, and would have been more fun with less "f" words.  It follows the Oakland As and their 20-game winning streak.  This was with a nothing budget, compared to some of the other teams.  Baseball has long has a problem that way, with some teams, in big markets, buying the best players.  I would recommend this movie for a mature audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment