What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tony and the Sedation Dentist


Tony was born with very soft teeth, and they eventually got the best of him.  He was having tooth aches from time to time, and the dentist said he needed major work.  It took us over three months to get all the consents from insurances, and his dental day was this Tuesday.  Sheri went with him.  She says they gave him and shot, and he went to sleep with his eyes open.  When she put him in the wheel chair, his arms were still stiff as if he was holding her.  He had five teeth removed, four capped, three fillings and spacers put in.  Some pretty major work.  I had stayed home, and as Sheri held him most of the afternoon it was a good thing.  I went to the store and bought Jell-o and pain pills for him.  He was home by eleven, and slept most of the rest of the morning and the afternoon.  When he got home he complained that he couldn't walk.  I guess he was s till pretty dizzy.  He was nauseous, but never threw up.  He had problems with spitting, as he didn't want to swallow his blood.

He expressed some concern about having silver teeth.  By about five in the afternoon he was his old self.  Maryn came over to say hi, and he went outside for a few minutes.  He is now his old happy self, but doesn't like people to talk about his teeth, because it scares him.

1 comment:

  1. Tell him that Jacob has a silver tooth too! Poor guy, glad he is doing better.

    ReplyDelete