What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life in Manteca:Park Review and Rachelle Visit

My weekend started right on Thursday my niece was at our home when I made it home off the train.  She was here to ran a race with a team from San Francisco to Napa. This is a link to her blog. http://runningfortrevor.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-10.html?showComment=1316405419341#c5665894226652593318


Friday Sheri and I visited the Jazz night the stake put on.  The music was great.  Brother Hammerstrom and his students from Sierra High School.  The food was New Orleans style and spicy hot.  For dessert I dipped strawberries in fondu. It would have been funner had we known more people.  Sheri did run into a cousin, Haws, we really hadn't met before. We left early as Charity was at our house and we wanted to chat with she and Anthony.

Miranda has been practicing driving, so I had her take me through New Hope, or Stanislaus City, which is no longer there, but thanks to Linda Hicken from the Ripon Ward, I now have a better idea where it was--the  and of Manteca road.  We got a couple pictures, then a couple of llamas and alpacas on the road, disappointed in Durham Ferry State Recreation area--it must be closed as it said "no trespassing." 




We then made it to the library, the new part to the library park is still closed, but you could get through the fence and kids were trying out and I let Tony try for a couple minutes.  It is going to be fun. 

We then checked out a park we had never been to. It is called Union West Park, close to Sierra High School. It has a metal (all the others have been plastic for the most part) play structure with a slide and climb and then also a big person swing.  Lots of trees, basketball court etc.  Lots of shade.  Miranda, Tiago, I and Tony were there. Tony is starting to swing.  For the first time really he was actually pumping and doing some good.



Another first for Tony.  We were at Diana's house today.  Tony made his first basket on their hoop.  I knew he was close as I had him playing a few weeks ago, and he almost got some in then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment