What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, August 23, 2019

Summer Trip Day Eleven: Colorado to Arkansas via Oz Museum

 
We had stayed close to Pikes Peak so I wanted to get a picture.  This is the best I could do from the car.  We had originally planned to stop at Garden of the Gods in Grand Junction to see crazy rocks, but decided to get an early start because of the long road trip this day.  We drove through Grand Junction.  It seemed an interesting town.

Tony also took a couple pictures from the window of sky and fields and silos.
The Oz Museum is in Wamego, Kansas and just a little north of the I-90.  The museum seemed to cater to the movies; but it included information about other Oz books and characters.  It also had the orinal art work for many of the books which was very fascinating.  Lots of color and art.  There was a display for each of the major characters in the movie. 

The flying monkeys have always creeped me out.  However I discovered they were in reality only a few inches tall.
The Wicked Witch really did creep me out.  Some how she caught me off guard and startled me.
Buddy Epson who was not in the movie because of his bad reaction to the silver paint.

going up
Tony tried the volcano machine

We made quick work of the rest of the trip.  The water of the reservoirs was really high.  This lake is Harry  S. Truman.

No comments:

Post a Comment