What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Saturday Afternoon Session of General Conference

This is the first time Sheri and I have actually attended general conference.  This is the first time I have attended conference in the Conference Center.  We were sitting in the balcony, three rows from the front.  e could have sat in the front, but Miranda said it would make her dizzy.
      The Saturday afternoon session is when the sustaining votes were called for the general authorities of the church.  It included the calling of five new brethren to the presidency of the seventy.  (It was the morning session where the solemn assembly took place sustaining the new First Presidency and two new apostles.)  This replaced the two members of this group who had become apostles.  The Young Women General Presidency was also reorganized.
      After the sustaining votes, while people were taking their seats on the stand, someone from the audience yelled three times: "Stop Supporting Sexual Predators."  It sounded to us like a man, but later was reported to be a woman who was asked to leave.  The person was seated not too far from us.  I figure this had reference to my former mission president who has been in the news.
We were favored with some excellent discourses.  This included Elder Devin Durrant, Sister Bonnie Oscarson, Elder David Bednar and Elder Dale Renlund, Elder Kevin Jergensen, Elder Taylor Godoy and Elder Taniela Wakolo.  Jeremy found us a couple times in the TV feed.



No comments:

Post a Comment