What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016: Picking up Crosses and Picking up Trash

Our Memorial Day this year did not include any outings.  We were at Woodward Park at 8 a.m. to help with the clean up.  This yer as a stake we loaded the 8,000 crosses.  It was fun, and a different project other than just picking up trash, although we got to do that as well.  It was counting for Cub Scout service so the kids wore matching blue shirts.

Bittersweet day as well as we say goodbye to the Christiansen family whose company moved to Utah and so they are moving to Lehi today.  I started teaching primary and had Camille in my class.  She brought a last Sunday snack.  I also subbed considerable and taught both Jared (Tony's class) and Ali at times.  Sister Christiansen came and played piano one year for a Christmas sing-a-long.
Bye Bye Jared

As for the rest of the day, we did go to In N' Out for dinner.  We wanted Chubby's but it was closed with a moving sign on the door.  I din't think their new location has opened yet because we looked for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment