What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life in Manteca: Restaurant Reviews and Dental Work, and Missionaries for Dinner

My last couple weekends, we have been to a couple different local restaurants.  We tried Texas Roadhouse again.  However, this time we went to Modesto instead of Tracy.  We enjoyed it a bit more.  The dancing was actually fun, and it wasn't near as noisy.  That was good because the Tracy restaurant was just too loud.  I can say I really enjoyed my meal.  I had chili, sweet corn and roadkill steak.  I chose this stake because it came with onions and mushrooms at no extra cost.  The mushrooms were excellent.  The onions and corn not so much so.  The steak itself was a hamburger steak and very good.  Sheri had a regular steak, which she ordered medium well.  She would have liked it a bit more well done.  Tony had chicken nuggets and fries.  I enjoyed his fries and some nuggets the next week at work.
We also tried a new restaurant in Manteca, just Sheri and I; it is at least new to us, Rocky's Diner.  Sheri and I both commented that it was a bit expensive for what they offered, gourmet burgers.  They  were similar to Red Robin, but not as good and without endless fries.   I had a strawberry shake.  There selection of flavors was very poor.  Chubby's has them beat there, and Chubby's gives you the tin so it is like two shakes for the price of one.   The decor was on of a tin looking inside with picnic tables.  The tables were mostly empty.  Sheri and I decided we wouldn't want to try it again.  The nice thing was Sheri ordered her burger bunless and they brought her a regular fork.
I am just back form the endodontist, where I had a root canal.  The dentist said I had lots of work to do, but I usually don't do all the say.  This was important however because I was scared to eat anything cold.  It didn't hurt when the did it, and I hope is doesn't hurt as the pain shot wears off.
And oh yeah, we had the missionaries over for dinner a couple Saturdays ago as well.  Sheri served Steak, potatoes and gravy; an old traditional meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment