What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, March 23, 2020

Hanford Reach National Monument and Nuclear Site

As a National Monument, this place is pretty lame.  It includes however the original nuclear reactor, as well as the Columbia River.  It is suppose to be a wildlife refuge.  That it must be because I didn't see many animals except birds.  It is very difficult to access with the Hanford Site being fenced off.  There are no good roads along the river to allow access.  Brochures talked of elk and osprey. 







This was declared a National Monument by President Clinton.  It is one of those sites that may be undeclared, or reduced.  Better make this a National Historical Site. One thing I didn't realize for sure was how close the nuclear reactors are to Othello.  As the bird flies the B Reactor is only about 20 miles from Othello.

No comments:

Post a Comment