What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Empanadas de Dulce; Yummy Stuff


Nothing as good as dulce de batata (sweet potato jam) inside an empanada.  I baked them, but you can also fry them.  I was trying to be artsy, but failed miserable, so by the end just focused on sealing them tightly.  I failed in that sometimes as well.
How to make:
buy some dulce de batata, I get mine at El Chapparral, a Mexican market in San Jose on Santa Clara Street.  They have products from Argentina.
buy some empanada shells.  I get mine at the Mexican store in Manteca at La Super Altena Market but they have them at El Chapparral as well.
I sliced the empanada shells in quarters.  Lay on quarter shell on counter, add a small piece of dulce, put another quarter shell on top.  Seal the edges as best you can, maybe with a fork if needed.  Put on cookie sheet which has been sprayed with non stick oil.  Bake as indicated on empanada package.  (A bit longer than I baked them.)
Best to let them sit a few minutes to avoid a burned tongue.  I had a hard time with this.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment