What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

A Strange Sunday

On the way to church about a month ago, Tony kept asking what the water was?  I couldn't see any water, thinking he was perhaps referring to a puddle of water.  But what he was seeing is the big elevated fire hoses.  There were two of them, about a mile away when Tony first saw them.  We saw them very well as we drove past some apartment buildings that have been going up in Manteca.  The fire hoses were spraying lots of water, and had gotten ahead of the fire,, but not before two apartment buildings were totally destroyed and a couple more damaged.  I went over the next day to get a picture of the area, but it was mostly all cleaned up.  This is by Atherton Drive and Van Ryn Avenue. Here is a picture from Manteca Bulletin.
 
That same day it was windy in the afternoon.  Our tree blew over.  This was or tallest tree that offers shade in the afternoon.  It just blew over, sheered right at the bottom almost level with the ground.  It didn't do much damage other than taking out some white plastic chairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment