What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Guilty (1978)



I really like this short film.  It shows a Mormon fast and testimony meeting, and a young lady (Tina Cole) asks forgiveness for her sin.  She is obviously pregnant out-of-wedlock.  Based on her testimony. many other members start to forgive of sins of neglect and showing a less than loving attitude.  Gordon Jump does an excellent job as the young woman's father.  He changes during the meeting, and you can see his pride melt away.  His attitude before the meeting, as they get out of the car, is much different at the end as he repents of his faults instead of dwelling on those of his daughter.
The old gentleman who speaks at the end summarizes the attitude of what the church should be.  We are all fellow-citizens, and here to support each other in the good times and the bad.
As I attended the temple I was so impressed with the idea of we are all helping each other.  No one can go through the temple alone, it requires the help of others.  Likewise, it will require the help of others to return to Heavenly Father.
Written by William Burch and Emma Lou Thayne.  Directed by William Burch.  BYU Films 1978.  Based on a story  by Marion D. Hanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment