What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, June 21, 2019

Are We Headed for a Strike?

Labor Relations  It looks very likely at this time that county workers will go on strike.  The county is offering very little, and the Union is asking for a lot.  I have been to a couple rallies, at the City Building and at the hospital.  We shall see, but I noted the union is asking for 9 percent a year with no take away and the county is offering 6 percent over 5 years with county worker paying two percent of their medical insurance.  If you do the math this is like no cost of living increase.  This is less than what persons who are retired receive.  So something has to give. 

No comments:

Post a Comment