What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Life in Manteca 118: Manteca Fries


Yahoo
Utah Mikes Grill at Logan's Lanes.  It's the fry sauce.
California Carne Asada fries in Pasadena
Idaho Purple fries at Boise Fry Company
Washington Pike Street Fish Fry in Seattle.
I came across an article from Yahoo, about the best fries in each of the 50 States.  I have eaten at only one of these places, the Washington Pike Street Fish Fry in Seattle.  And we did have fish and chips, but I was more interested in the fish (while everyone else had chicken) than the fries.  I remember we had more than enough fries, but I never thought they were fantastic.  And the Idaho winner is from Boise, which city I have visited but never the Boise Fry Company.  Maybe an Idaho date night.  I have been to Logan Lanes, but never tried the fries.  However, the Arctic Circle Restaurants in the area have pointed to the need for fry sauce, ketchup and Miracle Whip mixed.  We make this regularly, especially when Sheri has chicken and fry nights.  I have also not visited the California winner, of course from Southern California.  Carne asada fries may be too much, but we do have great carne asada in California.
But as for the best fries in Manteca, I must conclude that Sheri's are the best by a long ways.  You have the choice of dipping in ranch, ketchup, fry sauce or barbecue sauce.  Her fries will stand up to any in the country I am sure.  She makes them fresh, hand cut, and she always cooks them until they are golden.  When I cook fries I have a tendency to undercook them as I lack patience.
I had been of the opinion Del Taco had the best fries, but our last trip there they were undercooked and mushy.  They have the curly fries, and this experience was disappointing.  However Tony likes Del Taco for the play place.
One added note, I think now I lean to Red Robin as the best restaurant fries in Manteca.  Especially if eaten with the onion ring sauce.  This sauce combines fry sauce with barbecue sauce (something Tony does at home on fry night) and it is great on the bottomless steak fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment