What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Temple Trip and Home Inspection Late October

We had a terrific weekend.  Friday I drove from San Jose to Oakland Temple to meet mom and Diana and Mark for sealings.  They had family names and I had a few.  It was cool to be in the alter and look in the mirrors with the chandelier reflected time after time after time.  Reminded me of looking into eternity.  Some of the names I recognized like Brandlie (Grandma Wrights maiden name) and Bromley and (Grandpa Wrights first wife’s second husband and Atwood, on the Shaw line.  It was fun.  There were lots of names from reviewing cousins in Family Tree.  Anyway it was a great evening with Five Guys at the end.
Saturday I went to a Family history seminar put on by the family history library (they had two fairs in Manteca and Tracy.)  I really enjoyed it and found that I can do genealogy work not only cousins but also working on the end of the line which is 1600s or 1700s but using the church’s combination with Ancestry.com I was able to find a list of someone kids which was cool.  I attached it to my family tree.
Fall Festival after that.  Tony had a couple friends and their families; again the Chandlers and then Sam’s family.  It was fun.  I did the trunk or treat, and mom helped organize and did the fish pond game.  Charity and Anthony and Camberly Rose were Mary Poppins and penguin and chimney sweep.  I didn’t dress up.  I decorated the car with spiders however.  They weren’t scary enough.  Tony is going to use all the decorations for the house, mostly dollar store stuff.
Sunday was good, some of my favorite scriptures from Isaiah 53, which is the atonement.  Check it out, it is in the Messiah.  “Surely He hath born our Grief and carried our sorrows.”
That is my week.  I should mention we did the foster care home study.  The house is pretty much clean, but we have a list of about 10 things to fix before the come back.  I have to get all the wood outside put in the shed or thrown away.  Tools have to be higher, etc.  It will be some fun projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment