What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Health As I See It: Sleep and Aging: Everyday Health


http://www.everydayhealth.com/sleep/insomnia/tips/seniors-dont-take-sleep-woes-lying-down.aspx

I cannot say I do not have a sleep problem.  I use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, but falling asleep has never been a big issue for me; although I have had a few notes when I couldn't sleep.  Sleep issues may  be a part of aging.  This article offers some good advice.  For one, it is not helpful to sit in bed stewing about it if you can't get to sleep.  Better to get up and do something boring until you feel drowsy.  Some of the other ideas are pretty self explanatory, but still important. No caffeine and alcohol before bed, try not to exercise just before going to bed, try relaxation and skip naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment