What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Health As I See It: Rattlesnake First Aid and Safety


Bites
DO: Calm the victim.  Keep the bitten body part still, remove rings and 
other constricting items, and keep the bite below heart level.  
Clean the wound and apply a clean, dry bandage. Get the victim to 
nearest emergency facility for treatment.
DON'T:  Don't apply a tourniquet.  Donn't pack the bite area in ice or 
apply a cold compress.  Con't cut the bite site.  Don't suck the venom 
out with your mouth.  Don't let the victim drink alcohol, eat food, 
or take drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment