What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Health As I See It: Diabetes and Burnout

This article entitle "On the Rebound" in the Web MD Diabetes magazine for Winter 2015 by Erin O'Donnel is the basis for this blog.  This article deals with sliding in maintaining your diabetes regimen.  What with blood checking,  and controlling carbs, and exercising, and medications, it can be a bit daunting.  And nobody is perfect.  Thinks to remember:
1) Check in with your team.  Who is it that supports you in you diabetes management.  If you have a diabetes educator now is a good time to check in.  They can help with meal planning, or other modifications to get your diabetes under control.  Check-ins can lead to positive change.
2) Don't be too perfectionistic.  Perfect control does not exist.  Blood levels fluctuate, and won't always be in the perfect range.  It is part of diabetic life.
3) Focus on victories.  Victories are there.  maybe it is an evening walk, or avoiding a late night carbohydrate intensive snack.  By focusing on the victories, you can then add maybe an extra walk per week or some small step.

No comments:

Post a Comment