What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Health As I See It: Blood Born Pathogens

This was an important training as something that concern us all, but especially those in the medical profession.
This training focused on prevention of the spread of blood born pathogens, particularly Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and the HIV virus.  Blood born pathogen basically means that the disease is transferred through fluids.  In the case of all three this can be through an open wound, eye mucus, sexual contact and shared needles.  You really can't spread these diseases through hand shaking, or toilet seats or kissing.  Hepatitis A and B have vaccines.  Hepatitis C and HIV do not.  Hep C is most often spread through drug usage techniques, such as needles or straws.  Also do not share razors or toothbrushes with someone with Hepatitis C.  Early intervention and treatment can reduce the effects of HIV.  However sometimes it is a silent killer as it attacks the liver without the individual knowing they have the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment