What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Health As I See It: Pain Isn't Always Obvious




















Another poster reminding us that suicide is preventable.  There are now
over 80,000 suicides annually in the United States.  Too many families
are effected by this tragedy.  If you are feeling suicidal, reach out for
help.  The Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis number is
1-855-278-4204.  If you think someone you know may be suicidal,
please take action.  You can call the same number for advice.
I read a story on Facebook today of a friend who while walking early,
chasing Pokemon, came upon a neighbor whose car was going.  He
then noticed a hose attached to the exhaust pipe.  Turns out his
neighbor was in the act of attempting suicide.  This friend intervened,
and told the person that if he had to live, then this person did too.
 He contacted emergency crews, and this person was saved.  May we
all be alert to warning signs, and help each other.  Life is worth saving.
 Most people who attempt, eventually find greater meaning in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment