What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Health As I See It: Early Patient Engagement Tied to Psychosis Outcomes

Early patient engagement tied to psychosis outcomes by Whitney 

McKnight Clinical Psychiatry News Nov 2015; from the American 

Journal of Psychiatry 

This article concludes Integrated, patient-centered treatment delivered
 earlier in people with first-episode psychosis leads to better outcomes
 than standard community care.  Dr. Thomas R. Insel outgoing director
 of the National Institute of Mental health said, “These results demon-
strate the importance of early detection, early engagement, and
 integrated care following the onset of psychosis.”  This is based on a
study by RAISE, Recovery After an Initial Schizophrenia Episode.  Key
 clinical point is that early integrated treatment for firs-episode
psychosis delivered in a community setting can help patients stay
 functional and productive.  Also quality of life is improved as
 demonstrated by Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale for
Schizophrenia. 

There is hope, but early intervention is vital.  This seems a common
 theme for many illnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment