What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Health As I See It: Influenza

Pamphlet: Influenza


 This pamphlet has the best comparison of a cold to flu that I have seen.  I have always wondered how to tell the difference.  It points out the best defense against influenza is the flu vaccine which is changed every year in an attempt to battle that years germs.  The shot is most important for the elderly, those with medical complications and the young.  It is also important for health care workers.  Influenza results in over 200,000 hospitalizations a year and over 36,000 deaths.
Pamphlet published by Breathe California.
I get my shot every year.  It is required at work, and easier to get it than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment