What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Health as I See It: Auto Safety and Children

Something we should never forget, and can always be reminded of, is keeping children around cars.  This pamphlet; put out by Valley Medical Center System does not focus on automobile accidents, but safety with regards to nontraffic incidents.  The most dangerous is backing over a child, followed by hyperthermia and then driving forward over a child.  Most of these accidents can be avoided with a little precaution. 


 Part of the reason for these accidents is the blind spot behind a car.  This blind spot is greater for someone who is shorter.
Some safety tips from this pamphlet include: Walk all the way around a vehicle,
recruit another adult to watch children, teach children about the danger of parked cars, trim landscaping to allow clear sight, set the park brake every time, be sure your child is never forgotten in a vehicle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment