What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Health as I See It: Rachel's Challenge

http://www.rachelschallenge.org/
My brother shared information about Rachel's Challenge on Facebook a while back, and I have left it as something I wanted to comment on.  Now is the time to make that comment.  Rachel Joy Scott was the first person killed in 1999 during the Columbine tragedy.  Rachel's Challenge is a school improvement process designed to create a culture of kindness and compassion.  It has helped with suicide and bullying prevention.  It is based on something Rachel wrote shortly before her death:

"I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go."

One of the principals of the challenge is to start a chain reaction.  To show a little kindness, which in turn will lead to others being more kind and kindness spreads.  Rachel's Challenge is a nonprofit organization out of Colorado.  I would encourage you to check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment