What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Health as I See It: Mental Health Matters

This is again in conjunction with Mental Health Month.  I notice the month's title has been changed to Mental Health Matters.  This little blurb is again taken from the county hospital internal email:

Mental Health Matters
Mental Health Awareness Month is aimed at educating communities about psychological disorders
while reducing the stigma that surrounds them. We all experience different levels of mental health
throughout our lives. In fact, half of us will deal with some type of mental health challenge over the
course of our lifetime. Unfortunately, sometimes these challenges can become more serious and
require more attention. However, there is good news. Recovery is also common and we can all do
something to help. The work of the Behavioral Health Services Department is driven by its
commitment to promote mental health as a critical part of overall wellness, including prevention
services for all, early identification and intervention for those at risk, integrated care and treatment for
those who need it – with recovery as the goal. More information is available at

No comments:

Post a Comment