What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Health as I see It: Auditory Hallucinations

A Look Into Auditory Hallucinations
A couple coworkers were part of the making of this movie.  It is pretty intense.  I liked the quieter part of the movie, at the first where information about mental illness is presented.  When they actually do the demonstration it is pretty intense.  I hope they are describing uncontrolled hallucinations, but with medication the noise form the hallucinations should not be as persistent or as loud.  I myself live with tinnitus (no treatment) but there is always a ringing noise there.  I don't face actual hallucinations with words, hurtful or commanding, which would be very difficult to live with.  A person with mental illness must be some kind of hero to put up with this negative talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment